- IGERT on Video Bioninformatics program publishes book Video Bioinformatics: From Live Imaging to Knowledge (Link)
- 5th Annual IGERT on Video Bioinformatics Retreat to be held at UCLA Conference Center at Lake Arrowhead on October 10-12, 2014.
- Asong Tambo wins IBM Best Student Paper Award for "Integrated Model for Understanding Pollen Tube Growth in Video," at the 22nd International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Stockholm, Sweden, August 24-28, 2014. (Picture)
- Albert Cruz collaborates with Motor Trend Magazine. (Link)
- Le An, Mehran Kafai, Songfan Yang, and Bir Bhanu win Best Conference Paper Award for "Reference-Based Person Re-Identification," at the 10th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal-based Surveillance, Krakow, Poland, August 27-30, 2013.(Picture)
- Albert Cruz wins Community Choice Award, NSF IGERT Annual Video and Poster Competition. (Link)
- Albert Cruz gets Honorable Mention, 2013 International Science and Engineering Visualization Challenge. (Link)
- Albert Cruz has his work featured by Science Magazine. (Link)
- Ben Guan and Bir Bhanu win Best Conference Paper Award for "Automatic human embryonic stem cell detection," at the IEEE Healthcare Informatics, Imaging, and Systems Biology Conference, Sept. 27-28, 2012. (Picture)
- Albert Cruz wins Judge's Choice Award, NSF IGERT Annual Video and Poster Competition, 2012. (Link)
- Albert Cruz wins 4th Place Award, Word-level Subchallenge, Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge 2012 Video Sub-Challenge.
- Albert Cruz wins 2nd Place Award, Video Subchallenge, Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge 2011 Video Sub-Challenge.
- 2nd Annual IGERT on Video Bioinformatics Retreat to be held at UCLA Conference Center at Lake Arrowhead on October 28-30, 2011.
- Bir Bhanu wins Doctoral Dissertation Advisor/Mentor Award 2011
- Songfan Yang and Bir Bhanu win Best Entry Award for "Facial Expression Recognition using Emotion Avatar Image," at the International Competition on Facial Expression Recognition, held in conjunction with 9th IEEE International Conference on Automated Face and Gesture Recognition, Santa Barbara, March 21-25, 2011. (Official, Picture)
- Hoang Nguyen and Bir Bhanu were nominated for best paper award in GECCO 2009 for their paper "Tracking Multiple Objects in Non-Stationary Video".
- Bir Bhanu Awarded Prestigious IGERT Grant, October 2, 2009.
- Koichiro Yamauchi, Bir Bhanu (UC-Riverside), and Hideo Saito received Best Paper Award in June 25th, 2009 IEEE Computer Society Workshop on Biometrics, pp.45-52 for their paper "Recognition of Walking Humans in 3D: Initial Results"
- Yiming Li and Bir Bhanu received Best Paper Award at ICDSC 2008 for their paper "Utility-Based Dynamic Camera Assignment and Hand-off in a Video Network".